Game 2 of Devils/Flyers Hits 1.29 Million
May 2, 2012 7 Comments
The Eastern Conference Semifinals continues to roll in the big numbers for NBC Sports Network.
Game 2 of the New Jersey/Philadelphia series drew 1.29 million viewers to NBCSN on Tuesday night, the third-highest number of the playoffs on cable. Only Game 2 between the Rangers and Capitals on Monday has been higher in round two. The game was up a whopping 152% from Caps/Lightning Game 3 on last year’s comparable date, though that game was not exclusive.
Locally, the game hit a whopping 12.4 in Philadelphia, the best number for a semifinal game in the market, and up 55% from Game 2 between the Bruins and Flyers last year, which drew an 8.0. In the New York market, the Devils hit a 1.3 rating, which is the highest number for the Devils in the market on record.
With both Eastern semis tied at one, expect more big numbers from each as we roll along with exclusive audiences. To date, the Stanley Cup Playoff Conference Semifinals are up 13% on NBCSN vs. VERSUS last year, averaging a little over a million viewers each night.
Top 10 Most-watched Games of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Cable
1. Washington vs. NY Rangers, Game 2 (4/30/12, NBCSN): 1.53 million
2. Washington vs. Boston, Game 7 (4/25/12, NBCSN): 1.32 million
3. New Jersey vs. Philadelphia, Game 2 (5/1/12, NBCSN): 1.29 million
4. Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh, Game 5 (4/20/12, NBCSN): 1.07 million
5. Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia, Game 4 (4/18/12, NBCSN): 1.03 million
6. Ottawa vs. NY Rangers, Game 7 (4/26/12, NBCSN): 984,000
7. New Jersey vs. Florida, Game 7 (4/26/12, NBCSN): 867,000
8. NY Rangers vs. Ottawa, Game 6 (4/23/12, NBCSN): 861,000
9. Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh, Game 1 (4/11/12, NBCSN): 847,000
10. Los Angeles vs. Vancouver, Game 5 (4/22/12, NBCSN): 817,000