TSN Will Also Launch Deadline Coverage at 8 a.m. ET
February 21, 2012 Leave a comment
Toronto, ON (February 21, 2012) – Let the Trade-sanity begin! A whole new type of craziness hits the hockey world next week and TSN has it covered from every possible angle, as Canada’s Sports Leader delivers the industry’s most-watched, most-respected and most-comprehensive coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day with the network’s multiplatform event, TRADECENTRE ’12.
TSN’s 10-hour flagship show, TRADECENTRE ’12, airs live nationally on Monday, Feb. 27 beginning at 8 a.m. ET.
Fans across the country can also experience TSN’s all-encompassingTRADECENTRE ’12 coverage wherever they are by:
• Visiting TSN.ca for the latest trade news, opinion, and analysis, plus on-demand video clips and highlights, and a real-time Trade Tracker, which has been a mainstay of TSN’s online trade deadline day coverage since 2000
• Listening to TSN Radio locally in Toronto, Montreal and Winnipeg, or nationally on TSN.ca, for deadline day coverage of the Leafs, Canadiens, and Jets
• Downloading the TRADECENTRE app for iPad and iPhone
• Joining the conversation on Twitter by following the Verified accounts of TSN’s hockey experts and Insiders and using the hashtag #TradeCentre when tweeting about NHL Trade Deadline Day
• Heading to the TSN Fan Page on Facebook to join the discussion and check out exclusive behind-the-scenes video and photos from the TRADECENTREstudio
TSN has brought comprehensive day-long coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day to fans since 2000, and has set the benchmark for industry-leading multiplatform coverage of one of the most anticipated events on the NHL calendar.
Last year, Canadians made TRADECENTRE ’11 their first choice for trade news, opinion and analysis as TSN’s 10-hour live broadcast delivered its highest average audience ever with 268,000 viewers and nearly quadrupled the average audience delivered by the network’s closest competitor on NHL Trade Deadline Day. Overall, more than 2.6 million hockey fans tuned in at some point to TRADECENTRE ’11 on TSN.*
Online, TSN.ca recorded its second busiest day ever with 14.9 million page views across all platforms (web and TSN app for iPad, iPhone and BlackBerry). To date, the top five busiest days for TSN.ca have been on NHL Trade Deadline Day. In addition, the TRADECENTRE app was the #1 Free Sports App in Canada for both iPad and iPhone on deadline day last year.
Once again, the NHL Trade Deadline is proving to be one of the hottest properties for advertisers in Canada. Major sponsors of TRADECENTRE ’12 on TSN include BlackBerry, Chrysler, FedEx, Molson Coors, Sony Pictures, Tim Hortons, and Toyota.
This year, leading up to TRADECENTRE ’12, fans can get set for the NHL Trade Deadline with a special 60-minute episode of THAT’S HOCKEY 2NITE on Sunday, Feb. 26 at 12 midnight ET on TSN, featuring host Steve Kouleas and analysts Craig Button and Jamie McLennan, teeing up and reporting any trade news leading up to the highly-anticipated day. The show also has TSN’s Hockey Insiders checking in with TRADECENTRE reports.
TRADECENTRE ’12 Broadcast Team
Host James Duthie leads TSN’s TRADECENTRE ’12 team of hockey analysts, Insiders, former NHL players, coaches and general managers, reporters and correspondents – providing breaking news and instant analysis of each transaction, along with interviews with players, coaches and GMs. TSN’s correspondents are with each Canadian team to file live reports and deliver instant reaction for each trade.
The TRADECENTRE ’12 broadcast team is as follows:
• Host: James Duthie
• Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun and Gord Miller
• Instant Analysis Panel: Marc Crawford, Aaron Ward, Mike Johnson and Pierre McGuire
• Deadline Panel: Gino Reda and Steve Kouleas with Craig Button and Michael Peca
• TRADECENTRE ’12 West Panel: Blake Price with Ray Ferraro and Darren Pang• Trade Bait: Darren Dutchyshen and Craig Button assess which players are available for trade
• TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodge with Sports Illustrated’s Michael Farber, Toronto Sun’s Steve Simmons and National Post’s Bruce Arthur
• Social Media: Alyonka Larionov covering social media and satirical bloggerDown Goes Brown tweeting for TSN from his Twitter account@DownGoesBrown• TRADECENTRE ’12 Live Blogger: Jay Onrait
• TSN Correspondents: Ryan Rishaug, Jermain Franklin, Sara Orlesky, Shawn Churchill, Katherine Dolan, Mark Masters, Nabil Karim, Brent Wallace, John Luand Paul Hollingsworth
• SPORTSCENTRE Updates: Darren Dutchyshen
Immediately following TRADECENTRE ’12 on TSN, host Rod Smith recaps the day’s events with reaction from around the NHL on SPORTSCENTRE at 6 p.m. ET, while host Gino Reda moves over to the THAT’S HOCKEY desk for a special 60-minute episode beginning at 7 p.m. ET with additional analysis, reaction and player interviews.
The action then moves from the boardroom to the ice as NHL ON TSN has live coverage of St. Louis @ Calgary beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET.
TRADECENTRE ’12 on Twitter presented by BlackBerry
TSN’s Alyonka Larionov continues the trade talk on Twitter, taking fans behind-the-scenes of TRADECENTRE ’12 with exclusive photos, videos and interviews with TSN’s hockey experts and Insiders. Larionov also keeps fans up-to-date on what NHL players and coaches are saying about the decisive day with Twitter hits presented by BlackBerry throughout TSN’s live broadcast.
Joining Larionov on the social media front is popular satirical blogger Down Goes Brown, who provides his unique perspective on the day’s events using the #TradeCentre hashtag on his Twitter account @DownGoesBrown.
Fans visiting TSN.ca or using the TRADECENTRE app can keep track of all the tweets from TSN’s hockey experts and Insiders using the built-in Tweetbox – enabling fans to get Twitter updates from their favourite TSN personalities without leaving TSN.ca or the app.
TRADECENTRE ’12 on TSN.ca
Canada’s industry-leading sports website is the ultimate destination for breaking trade news on NHL Trade Deadline Day. In addition to live streaming ofTRADECENTRE ’12, TSN.ca once again presents its real-time trade tracker with updates on all the trades as they happen and live streaming audio ofTRADECENTRE ’12 for fans with no online video access.
Other TRADECENTRE ’12 features on TSN.ca include:
• The latest players in play on TSN.ca’s Trade Bait page, along with a complete2011-12 NHL trade list, Deadline Day archive and Deadline Day FAQ
• All the latest rumours from around the NHL, plus blogs and articles from TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun
• TSN’s Jay Onrait’s seventh-annual, 10-hour TRADECENTRE ’12 live blog and chat with fans (bathrobes optional)
• TSN Fantasy Guru Scott Cullen’s take on NHL Trade Deadline Day and its impact from a fantasy perspective
• Capgeek.com’s Matthew Wuest updating fans on team cap situations as trades are made
Along with recording 14.9 million page views, TSN.ca registered more than 812,000 video views last year on NHL Trade Deadline Day – an 87% increasecompared to 2010 and the second-most video views ever for TSN.ca on an NHL Trade Deadline.
TRADECENTRE ’12 on iPad and iPhone
Fans can keep tabs on breaking trade news wherever they are by using theTRADECENTRE app for iPad and iPhone. Along with live streaming ofTRADECENTRE ’12, the TRADECENTRE app has a live trade tracker and up-to-the minute trade news and alerts, plus on-demand video clips on the iPad version of the app.
TRADECENTRE ’12 on TSN Radio
TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050), Montreal (AM 990) and Winnipeg (AM 1290), along with Bell Media sports radio stations Team 1040 in Vancouver and Team 1200 in Ottawa, have end-to-end deadline day coverage with a focus on the local NHL team in each market.
• TSN Radio 1050 Toronto: In Leafs Nation, THE MIKE RICHARDS SHOWkicks off TSN Radio 1050’s live coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day at 5:30 a.m. ET, followed by Scott MacArthur with co-host and former NHL head coach Davis Payne at 9 a.m. ET; Bryan Hayes with Jamie McLennan at 12 noon ET; and CYBULSKI & COMPANY wrapping up the day’s events beginning at 4 p.m. ET.
• TSN Radio 990 Montreal: The Montreal Canadiens are front and centre on TSN Radio 990, as the station goes around the NHL to get instant analysis of all the day’s moves and their impact on the Habs. Fans can get their deadline day fix with PRICE & STARR IN THE MORNING at 6 a.m. ET and then join MELNICK IN THE AFTERNOON at 3 p.m. ET for the drive home.
• TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg: Jets fans are well-served next week with TSN Radio 1290’s end-to-end coverage of the NHL Trade Deadline, with THE BIG SHOW WITH JAY & WESTWOOD hitting the airwaves at 6 a.m. CT, immediately followed by THE ILLEGAL CURVE hockey show at 12 noon CT and HUSTLER & LAWLESS at 4 p.m. CT.