Versus’ Game 3 Numbers Down From Last Year’s Record
June 7, 2011 1 Comment
Ken from Fang’s Bites bringing you the ratings for Monday’s Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final. This comes directly from the fine people at Versus.
- First, viewership averaged 2.76 million viewers. That’s down from last year’s cable record of 3.6 million viewers for Philadelphia-Chicago which went into overtime. Again, we take into account one US market and Canadian markets are not measured by the US Nielsen ratings.
- Viewership peaked at 3.52 million viewers in the 9:30 — 10 p.m. ET half hour in the 2nd period.
- Versus says in the 8 — 11 p.m. time period, Versus ranked 3rd among all cable networks in primetime.
- In Boston, Versus saw a 23.37 rating, the highest local rating ever for Versus. And the rating was up 57% from the last time the Bruins were on Versus which was game 7 of this year’s Eastern Conference Final against Tampa Bay.
- And Versus was the top rated network on both cable and network TV in Boston and Providence.
A couple of other tidbits Versus threw our way include last night’s Game 3 finished as the most watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable featuring a Canadian team since 1994 (Vancouver/NY Rangers Game 7, 6/14/94; 5.439 million viewers on ESPN). And Game 3 was up 6% from the last Stanley Cup Final game on VERSUS that aired on a Monday night (Detroit/Pittsburgh Game 2, 5/26/08; 2.61 million viewers).
So there you have the Game 3 numbers from Versus in a nice tight red bow. Steve will have your next post.